By using plant-based, renewable raw materials, we achieve a significantly better CO2 balance compared to conventional crude oil-based plastics and contribute to stopping global warming.
The coil core is made of organic PE, based on sugar cane and can be recycled in the existing material cycle. The floss is made of Nylon 10.10, which is made from castor oil. The origin of this is the seeds of the miracle tree, which grows on dry soil and does not compete with food cultivation. The yarn is treated with organic coconut oil for a natural antibacterial effect. Vegan vegetable wax supports the gliding properties, and natural mint oil ensures fresh breath.
The innovative refill system saves a lot of waste without sacrificing comfort!
Innovative use of materials:
TIO is the first manufacturer to use a vegan & plastic-free yarn based on castor oil. This is significantly more tear-resistant than threads made from corn starch. Packed in an aroma-tight paper bag made from FSC®-certified cardboard, the dental floss impresses with its consistent sustainability.
– Refillable dispenser
– Proportion of renewable raw materials higher than 98%
– Dispenser made of bioplastic based on wood residues with visible wood fibers, coil core made of bioplastic based on sugar cane – both materials are recyclable in the current material cycle
– Yarn is made of organic nylon based on castor oil
– Packaging made of FSC® certified cardboard
– Mixed with organic coconut oil – has a natural antibacterial effect
– Enriched with mint essential oil as a flavor enhancer
– Vegan waxed for more tear resistance
– Free from animal testing, suitable for vegans
– Made in Germany and Italy